Rudy: Vote for GOP or Die

Republican Party

The next time I flip into a drug-induced homicidal rage I hope I’m standing next to Rudy Giuliani. Check this out

Rudy Giuliani said if a Democrat is elected president in 2008, America will be at risk for another terrorist attack on the scale of Sept. 11, 2001.

But if a Republican is elected, he said, especially if it is him, terrorist attacks can be anticipated and stopped.

“If any Republican is elected president —- and I think obviously I would be the best at this —- we will remain on offense and will anticipate what [the terrorists] will do and try to stop them before they do it,” Giuliani said.

In other words, if you vote for Democrats, the terrorists will kill you. Only Republicans can keep you safe.

The families of 343 dead firefighters might have a few words to say about that.

Update: Crooks & Liars has Olbermann’s special comment on Giuliani’s death threats.

1. biggerbox  •  Apr 25, 2007 @3:27 pm

Funny how the only empirical data we have on the subject shows the reverse of Rudy’s assertion to be true.

Rudy is only Mr. 9/11 because both he and Shrub were in power that day. This must fall under that ‘9/11 changed EVERYTHING” clause.

2. moonbat  •  Apr 25, 2007 @3:38 pm

Rudy and McCain are trying to out-nutcase each other.

3. PurpleGirl  •  Apr 25, 2007 @4:21 pm

I read the article in the link. Rudy is not responsible for making sure the firefighters’ families are well taken care of — that happens by law. NYS/NYC has been very generous with benefits for the families of firefighters killed in the line of duty.

4. maha  •  Apr 25, 2007 @5:25 pm

Purple girl — there’s nothing in the article that claims Rudy was supposed to be sure that the firefighters’ families are well taken care of.

5. joanr16  •  Apr 25, 2007 @6:18 pm

“If any Republican is elected president —- and I think obviously I would be the best at this —- we will remain on offense and will anticipate what [the terrorists] will do and try to stop them before they do it.”

Wow, eight months to the first primaries, and Rudy’s melted down into a blob of blithering desperation already. Cool.

6. moonbat  •  Apr 25, 2007 @6:26 pm

Do you feel like you’re in the audience, watching a bad movie, sort of like the old Mystery Science Theater 3000? Pass the popcorn, this movie Republicans Self-Destruct is starting to get interesting.

7. erinyes  •  Apr 25, 2007 @6:49 pm

Maybe Rudy has just pulled the cover off his party and admitted THEY did the 9/11 attack, and are threatening another if they don’t win! Do the Republicans have a direct pipeline to Al Qaida?, They seem to control every other f’in pipeline on the planet.
    Just a crazy thought…………..

8. Jorge  •  Apr 25, 2007 @7:18 pm

I hope Moonbat is right that this kind of argument is quickly passing into self-parody in the minds of most American voters, but I fear he gives them too much credit. I think Kevin Drum is right to be concerned that the Democratic candidates seem unable to respond to this drivel straightforwardly and on its merits.

9. Jorge  •  Apr 25, 2007 @7:19 pm

I should have said “(lack of) merits.”

10. Swami  •  Apr 25, 2007 @7:43 pm

What’s with Rudy? Doesn’t he realize that Bush has already ran the terrorism horse into the ground. I don’t think he’s gonna find too receptive an audience in the American public by trying to hawk a recycled gobblin. Rudy needs to get his own act..something new, exciting, and different.

11. Zeus  •  Apr 26, 2007 @12:19 am

Rudy’s own mouth (and the great people of NY, including and most especially the NY Firefighters) will expose him for what he is – a legend in his own mind.

12. whig  •  Apr 27, 2007 @1:42 am

“The next time I flip into a drug-induced homicidal rage…” might raise some eyebrows, Maha. Rudy is a dick, however.