I’m not sure when this happened, but the Republicans are pushing a jobs bill that is actually really truly called “Plan for America’s Job Creators.” Seriously.
I downloaded the full version of the Plan from the GOP site; it is all of ten pages long, and roughly half of that is big graphics. Republicans don’t sweat those pesky details.
The Plan has eight parts. Just for fun, I will list them
before below the fold, so you can try to guess what they are without looking. I’m betting all of you will guess at least four of them.
- Cut regulations. Too easy, right?
- Cut taxes on businesses. I bet you’re two for two.
- Pass free trade agreements, specifically with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea.
- Streamline the patent system.
- Reform the visa system to make it easier for businesses to import highly skilled workers from other countries. I call this one the “screw America’s college grads” provision.
- Streamline FDA approval of new drugs.
- Drill, baby, drill.
- Cut government spending.
None of these will do shit as long as people are not spending money to buy stuff, but at least the GOP can say it has a jobs plan.