I refuse to listen to the pre-debate commentary on teevee, but you can begin commenting here if you like. I’ll start the live blog at 9 o’clock.
* Well, it’s 9 o’clock. Wish us luck.
* Joe Biden says the last thing we need is another war.
* There’s a split screen on MSNBC that shows Biden reacting to Ryan.
* I want Biden to call Ryan out for saying anyone is “apologizing for our values.”
* There is no subsidy of abortion in Obamacare.
* Well, Ryan was clear about something. He wants to criminalize abortion.
* Ryan is anti-abortion because of reason and science?
* I think Joe is doing well so far. I like the question to Ryan, how will you change minds in two months.
* 47 PERCENT! Joe got it in!
Sic ‘em, Joe. He’s on a roll.
Ryan is saying the economy is getting worse, and I don’t think that’s what people are feeling now.
Is Ryan even making sense now?
*Show me a policy!
WE DIDN’T SPEND MONEY ON ELECTRIC CARS IN FINLAND!
No, Social Security is not going bankrupt.
Sorry I’m not posting; I’m having a good time watching this.
Privatizing social security!
Who do you trust.
Oh, is Ryan leaving himself open.
No, he doesn’t have the specifics. He has a framework, no details.
Push him on the math.
How is American foreign policy “unraveling”? Does it seem that way?
Ryan is smacked down on Afghanistan.
Ryan is not making sense. We’re supposed to work with our allies but he doesn’t want to wait for allies.
If we don’t get to women’s issues there is going to be a of griping, but that would be the moderator’s fault.
Ah ha! abortion!
Joe said “forcible rape.”
Ryan has been neither a convincing wonk nor a convincing salesman. He comes across as a callow little twerp.
Well, Chris Matthews is happy. Should everybody be happy?
* Twitter is alight with calls for Martha Raddatz to take over Meet the Press. And with that I will sign off for the night. See you tomorrow!