SCOTUS Saves Obamacare!

Health Care, Supreme Court

Vote was 6-3, Scalia, Thomas and Alito dissenting.

Update: Roberts wrote the majority opinion. Apparently Scalia had a hissy fit and more or less accused the other justices of bowing to pressure. “We should start calling this law SCOTUScare,” he said.

1. uncledad  •  Jun 25, 2015 @10:34 am

Shocking, those poor wing-nuts between this and the flag flap, their pretty little heads are gonna explode. If the Supremes strike down all the gay marriage hate it will be a wing-nut blood bath!

2. c u n d gulag  •  Jun 25, 2015 @10:56 am

Maybe the Reich-Wingers, in total dejection, will use their 2nd Amendment Rights on their own heads! *

*I’m kidding.
    Of course I’m kidding.
    I am kidding, aren’t I?
    Yes I am.
    Kidding…

3. c u n d gulag  •  Jun 25, 2015 @11:01 am

Also too – the three SCOTUS psychopaths acted just as expected.

But I’m glad that at least this time, the two part-time sociopaths – Kennedy and Roberts – agreed with the four Libtard Justices.

Let’s hope we get this same result in the gay marriage decision coming either tomorrow or on Friday!

4. joanr16  •  Jun 25, 2015 @11:12 am

THAT explains the distant “poof! poof! poof!” I heard from down the street… right-wing head esplodin’ in the chamber of the Nebraska Unicameral. Fun! Sounds like an old-timey moviehouse popcorn machine.

5. Swami  •  Jun 25, 2015 @11:39 am

I don’t normally point out typos, but…. Scalia, Thomas and Alito dissenting. should be… Scalia-Thomas and Alito dissenting.
    It seems Mary wasn’t the only one who had a little lamb.

6. c u n d gulag  •  Jun 25, 2015 @11:54 am

Only this lamb’s fleece ain’t exactly ‘white as snow.’
    His fleece is a dark as his heart – if, he has one, mind you.

7. joanr16  •  Jun 25, 2015 @12:27 pm

Antonin Scalia is the Confederate battle flag of the U.S. Supreme Court.

8. c u n d gulag  •  Jun 25, 2015 @12:32 pm

Joan,
    Yeah, on one side.
    On the other, he’s Ol Gory!” (sic)

9. KWN  •  Jun 25, 2015 @1:56 pm

SCOTUScare?!?!- I like it!!!!! Or maybe S/Ocare.

10. Dan  •  Jun 25, 2015 @7:00 pm

Remind me again which side wanted legislation from the bench THIS TIME?!?!

11. Kaleberg  •  Jun 25, 2015 @8:36 pm

Poor Scalia. Some day, some wretch is going to come out of a hospital screaming “God damn it. I can breathe again. The pain is gone. Curse you Supreme Court. Curse you Scalia.” Right.

12. Bardi  •  Jun 26, 2015 @9:20 am

Just a little correction.

IMHO, Roberts saved the Republican Party from itself. Had they ruled otherwise, I think it quite likely that the Republican Party would have been less popular than the Green Party for decades.