Why Is Wilbur Ross Still Secretary of Commerce?

Trump Maladministration

Seriously, there’s a new story out at Forbes that makes Ross out to be just plain creepy. He was presumed to be a billionaire, part of the aura of success that made people assume he knew something about business. But it turns out he wasn’t; he’s been lying for years about how much money he  has. His “success story” is pretty much a sham. Yes he has a lot of money, but he’s no billionaire, as he has long claimed.

And of course, it was discovered a couple of days ago that his actual business interests connect him to Vladi­mir Putin’s son-in-law, which seems a tad suspicious.

1. chris  •  Nov 7, 2017 @5:10 pm

"And of course, it was discovered a couple of days ago that his actual business interests connect him to Vladi­mir Putin’s son-in-law, which seems a tad suspicious."

Suspicious or a pre-requisite?

2. Swami  •  Nov 7, 2017 @5:59 pm

A distinguished graduate of the Donald J, Trump school of self promotion? I think I am a billionaire, therefor I am a billionaire.

The constraints of reality can be cruel and burdensome…strive to emancipate yourself therefrom.

3. maha  •  Nov 7, 2017 @6:08 pm

“The constraints of reality can be cruel and burdensome” I’ve always thought so!

4. Doug  •  Nov 7, 2017 @7:48 pm

The connections to Russia – and the lies about the connections – just keep piling up. Was Vladimar Putin tasked with vetting candidates?

5. c u n d gulag  •  Nov 7, 2017 @8:27 pm

When did the USSR's Politburo morph into Congressional Republicans?

As I've said before, I'm a first generation American whose relatives came from Russian and Ukraine.

I bet that anyone who's at least semi-close to Donaldski Trumpovich knows more Russians and Ukrainians than me and my whole family – dead or still alive – ever knew!

As for Ross – and this applies to his boss, the narcissistic sociopathic orange cancerous slug – from what I've seen, people who really are billionaires, don't feel the need to boast to everyone that they're billionaires.  l

It's like people who keep telling others how smart they are.  That, in and of itself, is proof to me that that individual probably isn't very smart – and is very insecure about their lack of intelligence.

Sound like anyone we all know (and want to spit and defecate on that individual's grave)?

6. Swami  •  Nov 8, 2017 @1:31 am

Why do you need a story from Forbes to make out Ross as being just plain creepy? Can't you just tell by looking at him? He obviously lacks effervescence.

7. c u n d gulag  •  Nov 8, 2017 @1:16 pm

Swami, to me he looks like he hasn't taken a shit since Nixon's first term!

8. bernie  •  Nov 8, 2017 @1:33 pm

Gulag, it is good to see you back in full form, even if it is the green one.yes

9. Bill  •  Nov 8, 2017 @4:17 pm

Gulag is morphing with the times (or like the rest of us, being force-morphed).

On many blogs people complain about a sudden cultural tolerance for lying, and the weird view that the super wealthy are always some kind of superman-wizard.  But history seems to prove that a lot of them (if not most) get ahead because they’re good at being rent-seeking assholes.  What wizardly and beneficial ideas does Wilbur Ross actually have that would be realistically useful in a civil society?