Assassination in Turkey

Bad Hair, Middle East

So is the assassination of the Russian ambassador in Turkey an Archduke Ferdinand event that will lead to wider conflict? I’m hoping not, of course. But it seems to me that this is a hell of a time for power in the U.S. to someone known to be a Russian stooge. And on top of that the nominee for Ambassador to Israel is a worse hard-liner than Bibi Netanyahu.

Thoughts?

1. c u n d gulag  •  Dec 19, 2016 @6:29 pm

JAYZOOOOOOOOOS!

If I had any hair left, it would be on fire!

If this does lead to WWIII, then it won’t be fought from trenches.
    It’ll be fought by survivors from their home bomb shelters.

Anyone know where I can get some seeds, gold, other precious metals, and…
    Oh, wait.
    That’s a con, too!

Well, I’ll go back to my old hope for being in a nuclear war:
    I want 15 minutes warning so I can down a liter of vodka, turn on “The Doors” “The End,” and hope that the first nuclear missile hits me on my fat bald head!
    I’m NOT a survivor. At least, not in any “civilization” that might survive a WWIII nuclear war.

2. Swami  •  Dec 19, 2016 @6:45 pm

I’m waiting for Dear Leader’s tweet to give me some direction on how to process this event. And I suspect that Dear Leader is waiting on Tillerson or Manafort to give him direction on how to process this event.

3. bernie  •  Dec 19, 2016 @10:32 pm

This Turkey saga I have been following for months. This link has the main players and is a strange journey. So far I have found few on this road. This may change it.

read:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/01/opinion/why-is-turkey-accusing-me-of-plotting-a-coup.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

4. Bardi  •  Dec 19, 2016 @10:43 pm

Open season on ambassadors.

5. Kaleberg  •  Dec 19, 2016 @11:09 pm

I wasn’t aware that the Russian ambassador to Turkey was in line to succeed Putin.

6. Bonnie  •  Dec 19, 2016 @11:15 pm

There are a lot of Americans who will suffer as a result of this election. I personally hope the ones who do are the ones who voted for Trump. It is the least they deserve. Here is a link to a great Charles Pierce column: http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a49027/trump-atlantic-city-tweet-storm/

7. Swami  •  Dec 20, 2016 @2:57 am

Bonnie…You can rest assured that the Trump voters will get a good taste of the medicine they’ve chosen as a prescription for America. Unfortunately those of us who chose not to vote for Trump will get a taste of that same bitter pill. By the looks of how Trump is composing his cabinet I get the feeling we’re about to experience some serious economic Darwinism…Survival of the fittest. And losers/ economic bottom feeders like myself will be receiving a just recompense for our lack of devotion to mammon.

8. Pablo  •  Dec 20, 2016 @11:56 am

I say: bring on the tumbrils and those guillotines that Hillary had on order.

9. Pablo  •  Dec 20, 2016 @11:57 am

If we’re gonna have a revolution at least a few heads could roll and I don’t mean figuratively.

10. paradoctor  •  Dec 20, 2016 @2:45 pm

Please spellcheck the title. There are two double-s’s in assassination.

As for who will suffer most from Trump: it’s hard to predict, he’s a chaos President. Resilience and adaptability are key. Expect crisis.

11. Bonnie  •  Dec 20, 2016 @4:57 pm

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Swami. Like you, I have had a lack of devotion to mammon also.

12. erinyes  •  Dec 20, 2016 @5:13 pm

Paradoctor, that means there are two asses in Assassination. Quite the revelation.
    On another note, Fearless Leader and Boris and Natasha are closing in on Moose and Squirrel.

13. RadioClash  •  Dec 20, 2016 @6:05 pm

Putin is calling this an attempt to derail the Syrian peace process. Really? Slaughtering the entire city of Aleppo is a peace process?

14. Swami  •  Dec 21, 2016 @2:46 am

There’s a passage in scripture that says..Seek and you shall find. I’ve been seeking an answer, or more precisely an understanding on what’s with Trump and the packing of his cabinet with former generals. I had a sense some psychological kink was in play when Trump made mention of both George S. Patton and Douglas MacArthur as being some sort of a template for true Americanism. Also the fact that Trump made claims that he knows more than the generals ( Hitler anybody?) and that his nominating a battery of retired generals to serve in his cabinet could only mean that somehow it’s very important to Trump to have former military generals in a subservient role in his cabinet where he can leach the perception of credibility of having superior military acumen.
    I can’t say with clarity what exactly is going on in Trump’s logic, whether he’s trying to satisfy a childhood insecurity or has a more sinister agenda, but I do know that there is a very unhealthy dynamic being employed here.
    Getting back to my seek and ye shall find…I ran across this article and it filled in a lot of blanks. It not only makes sense..it’s also frightening to consider. Matt Bai got it right..Trump’s cabinet will have more generals than a Guatemalan junta.
    Here’s the article… a good read. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/william-j-astore/trumps-push-to-win-is-a-loss-for-america_b_13745652.html

15. paradoctor  •  Dec 21, 2016 @11:30 am

RadioClash; from high up enough, war is peace, and war processes are peace processes.